|The most common question from homeowners is often Why Choose Cedar?|
Keeping it simple
The Waldun Group manufactures split and re-sawn as well as tapersawn shakes available in premium, number one, and standard grades. You can order shingle products in 16, 18, and 24 inch lengths with grades one to four. Whether its one inch Tapersawns, one and a quarter inch Jumbos, or 100% 2 Pack we can do it. Our specialty is to meet your market needs.
Handsplit shakes have a split face and resawn back.
- Shakes are available in a #1 grade which allows a minimum of 80% edgegrain and a maximum of 20% flatgrain or a #1 premium grade which must be 100% edgegrain.
- Available in 18 or 24 inch lengths.
- The exposure to the weather varies with each length or desired architectural appearance.
- Shakes can offer a natural, rustic charm.
- Waldun shakes are graded in compliance to UBC 15-3 and CSA 97 standards.
- All shakes with a #1 label are guaranteed to contain 80% edgegrain in every bundle.
Tapersawn shakes are sawn on both sides.
- Just like handsplit and resawn shakes they are available in a #1 grade which allows a minimum of 80% edgegrain and maximum of 20% flatgrain or a #1 premium grade which must be 100% edgegrain.
- Available in 18 or 24 inch lengths and thicknesses from 5/8 inch to 1 1/8 inch.The exposure to the weather varies with each length or desired architectural appearance.
- Tapersawn shakes can offer a thicker shadow line than a shingle, while still enhancing a tailored, smooth style.
- When producing tapersawn shakes it is easy to hide defects such as knot shadows and flatgrain. Unfortunately some manufacturers allow these types of defects.
Cedar shingles have a reduced exposure to obtain a 3-ply roof system.
- These top-grade shingles are 100% heartwood, 100% clear and 100% edge grain.
- Available in 16, 18 or 24 inch lengths. The exposure to the weather varies with each length.
- Shingles offer a smooth, tailored look.
- All butt ends of shingles at Waldun are cut with a circular cut-off saw. Waldun also offers a shingle that is re-butted. This (A-butt) shingle is so smooth you can clearly see every growth ring at the butt end of the piece.
- All shingles produced by Waldun have an even thickness and we pride ourselves on our clean sawn faces
Packaged with a promise
Because we believe in our products, we take a stand with you to guarantee our roofing and siding products for between 30 and 50 years. We promise that you will be satisfied with all our products.
DALLAS: (972) 943-4244
HOUSTON: (713) 344-0044